Ron Bell, President
- Starting to gear up for elections next year.
- Working on a booklet/hand out to give to new members with modeling tips.
John Noack, 1st VP
T.J. Misiolek, 2nd Vice President
Mike Oberholtzer, Treasurer
- Our October financial reports show us with an income of almost $50,000 year to date. Keep in mind that we will be paying out about $11,000 of that to Phoenix when convention reporting is complete. After paying that we are still about $37,000 ahead of this time last year. Lower expenses by $12,000 (which will be offset by the payout to Phoenix) and higher revenues (up $38,000) account for the difference. Looking closer at the revenue side, we are up $35,000 in convention revenues since Chattanooga has been quick to get vendor tables sold. This is really a timing thing, but positive in that we aren't worrying about having enough convention revenue to cover pre-convention expenses. Journal income is still off by $10,000 because we are billing later than usual, have fewer large dollar advertisers, and we have some old debt that is unlikely to be collected ($605 dating back to 29J6). Finally, membership is still doing very well, up $12,000 over last year. Over all a very good situation. I don't see anything on the horizon that would keep us from having a very good 2018 overall.
- The computers recently arrived back from Phoenix thanks to Jim Pearsall. I will be getting the Convention Registration System up to date with out tech consultant so that it will be ready for 2019. Chattanooga is working on a web-based replacement which should be done in early December, but we haven't seen it yet. Like any tech project, it could be delayed or not work as expected. We will be ready with the CRS when registration opens, just in case.
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- I attended the Northern Illinois Modelers Convention (NIMCON) in northern Illinois in June and had a great time at this well-run show. I was pleased to see that their goodie bags included a recruitment pamphlet from the IPMS/USA.
- Additions to the Local Hobby Shop list are continuing to roll in. Remember to recommend your favorite local hobby shop, it's very easy for members to add the info online.
David Lockhart, DLC
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
David Knights, Recruitment & Retention Secretary
- We have 4066 members and are hoping to do an end of the year push to try and get us over 4100 for the year.
- I recruited national members at the IPMS/Cincinnati show.
Marie Van Schoonhoven, National Office Manager
- The Sept/Oct Journal was mailed to 4066 members
- October new members: 31
- Need to get Journal mailing date caught up as it's causing problems with event dates (i.e. event occurring just before or after Journal is mailed out) and not aligning with membership expiration dates.
- Need members to advise me of address changes ASAP, preferably just prior to any move. I am receiving a lot of returned mail.
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary