- The search continues for a new treasurer. An ad about the position will appear in the next issue of the Journal and once that ad appears in the Journal, we will wait a few weeks to make sure it has been seen and then move on the candidates we have.
- Following several months of discussion, the board unanimously decided to discontinue funding the Make And Take program. This decision was deemed necessary due to a number of factors including increasing costs to the Society, little or no results (i.e. new members) from the program and the fact that our main source of kits, Revell, was moving toward dropping the program based on the fact they also see this program as providing little or no return on their investment.
Webmaster/forum administrator Eric Aitala reports he will be looking for members interested in serving as forum moderators. A software update for the forums is also underway and will be installed soon. Aitala also said our new online store is up and running and has replaced the older version for convention registration and membership renewal. The new store works much smoother than the old version. Our new online store is up and running and working more smoothly than the old store.
The board, by unanimous vote, confirmed the Director of Publications/Historian's choice of Doug Reed as the new Journal Ad Manager.
Marie Van Schoonhoven is quickly getting up to speed in her new role as Office Manager. She is currently catching up on renewals from mail and online submissions as well as learning to use the new electronic capture device from our bank that will enable her to deposit checks from her home as easily as she could by being at the bank in person. She is working on changing Society stationary and other items to our new address and phone number of record.
In related business, we are finally clearing out the last of the IPMS/USA stuff at M.J. Kinney's house and are continuing the storage unit contract for two additional months so we can have a little more time to sort out what we need and don't need to keep.
Ron Bell, President
David Morrissette, 1st VP
Mike Van Schoonhoven, 2nd Vice President
John Shimek, Treasurer
- I obtained the 'Original Corporate Documents' from the State of Georgia and have in my possession our Corporation Seal and stamp (for embossing).
- Office Manger Marie van Schoonhoven is now set up with a credit card swipe reader and can handle any credit card transactions we receive in the mail. Marie will soon receive a RCD (Remote Capture Device) linked to our IPMS checking account so that she can deposit checks that arrive in mail directly into our account from her home 24/7.
- Our financial snapshot looks like this:
- Huntington Bank CD1: $49,246.79
- Huntington Bank CD2: $81,760.01
- Mandatory Checking Account: $14,292.49
- General Checking Account: $50,249.75
- Wire Transfer: $7,188.50
- 2015 Convention Account: $42,982.50
- 2016 Convention Account: $20,853.30
- Total: $266,573.34
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
John Noack, DLC
- As of the meeting date, we are 94.7% renewed, we are about to pick up a new chapter in Region 12; that will make 3 new charters in this cycle.
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
Marie Van Schoonhoven Interim, National Office Manager
Eric Aitala, Webmaster
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary