The online voting for the 2021 Executive Board Election is now open at https://voting.ipmsusa3.org.
Biographical information about the Executive Board candidates is online at https://voting.ipmsusa3.org/page/2021-candidate-biographies
I'm writing a brief note to clarify the relationship between Models For Troops (M4T) and IPMS/USA. Let me start by saying that it has been one of my priorities since taking office to support M4T in multiple ways. That being said, please be aware that 4T is a standalone organization run ably (and gallantly) by Jon Emery. Jon's outreach to active servicemembers, those in VA treatment, and other vets is a labor of love.
IPMS/USA supports M4T in several ways. Your E-Board has voted to provide a monthly donation to M4T to support operations (storage, shipping, incidental supplies) that otherwise largely comes out of Jon's own pockets. In addition, Stephen Broughall, a US Army retired officer, has volunteered to serve as an advisor to the Board and is the primary interface between us and M4T. Lastly, IPMS Chapters and individual members have stepped up to support M4T directly, through donations of kits, supplies, reference material, cash, and when logistically possible, manpower.
Before I forget, here's the contact info for M4T:
I encourage anyone reading this, whether you're a member or not, to support Jon's efforts. While donations of modeling material are always appreciated, operating funding is just as important. Perhaps your Chapter will consider a donation to M4T, or hold a distressed kit auction or other fundraising event and send the proceeds off to Jon. One of Steve B's roles as liaison officer to M4T is exploring both corporate and governmental grants and assistance, and we plan to explore support to other organizations with the same mission as M4T in the future.
John Noack President, IPMS/USA
July 6, 2021
April 5, 2021
February 26, 2021
If any club does not have the resources or ability to create their own website, there is a feature on the Forums to build out a Club space, public...more »
- Mr. Gasser in a Golf Cart - Sending Ed Roth's classic monster to the links, by Richard Engar
- RAF Rhino - Giving Academy's 1:72 F-4J the royal treatment, by Ralph Nardone
- Battleship Buster - Folding the wings and loading the torpedo on Hasegawa's 1:48 B5N2 Kate, by Patrick Brown
- Weathering Wisdom - Learning to apply appropriate wear to an AH-1Z Viper, by Chris Vanda
- From Missile to Moon Rocket - Scratch-building the title subject of Heinlein's Rocket Ship Galileo, by Dan Thompson
- That Fokker is a Messerschmitt - Crashing the Eduard 1:32 Bf 109E-4 in a Battle of Britain diorama, by David A. Kimbrell
- Top Minenraumen - Building the Meng VsKfz 617 mine clearing vehicle, by David A. Kimbrell